First location of worship for Calvary Evangelical Lutheran Church.
1947 Chapel Groundbreaking.
Completed Chapel, 1949.
Newspaper clipping from the Chapel Dedication.
Dedication of additional classroom space, 1953.
“The church that never was.” Original plans were for the entire structure of Calvary Lutheran to take Gothic styling. In the late 50’s it was determined that a modern, welcoming structure was more suitable.
Chapel interior, 1949.
Early gathering of Calvary men, including John W. Boehne, G. Duane Vieth, and Charles Heitmueller. C. 1954
Early Easter Sunrise worship service.
Groundbreaking ceremony for future Calvary A-Frame Sanctuary.
The A-Frame Sanctuary rises.
Former Pastor of Calvary, Fritz Kemper surveys construction progress c. 1961.
“The view from the top.” Pastor Fritz Kemper atop the sanctuary A-Frame with yet-to-be-completed Capital Beltway in the background.
Easter worship in the Calvary Sanctuary before completion.
The Calvary Sanctuary upon completion.
Service with banners in the sanctuary, c. 1970.
Advent worship service in the Sanctuary.
Confirmation, date unknown.
Mortgage burning service, 1982.
Freshly painted Calvary steeple cross, Aug. 2016.